As a Developer at Talent Consulting you will be responsible for building RESTful web services to serve a variety of citizen and government needs, with the ownership for the quality of code you produce.
You will be responsible for implementing toolkits and APIs for purposes such as integration, scalability, performance optimisation and security in line with GDS standards. Alongside this, you will be building automated tests to support our continuous deployment environment as well as share knowledge of tools and techniques with your wider team, both technical and non-technical.
You will act as an ambassador and technical authority for Talent Consulting across government clients, identifying good practices for Talent Consulting to adopt as well as sharing experiences, e.g. blog posts, raising social presence and leading presentations and conferences.
- Proven ability to develop software in C# using recent language and framework features.
- Proven ability to develop software using SQL server as the underlying data store.
- Demonstrable ability to write code to meet user requirements using a Test-Driven Development approach.
- Ability to deliver maintainable/clean code.
- Extensive experience using TDD
- Ability to deliver software utilising the features of the Azure platform.
- Comfortable coding in the open using GIT
- Able to deliver web applications using ASP.NET MVC
- Able to deliver web services using WebAPI
- Adherence to SOLID Principles
- Understand and implement advanced architectural/design patterns
- Able to deliver Enterprise Level Applications
- Experienced in developing distributed applications and an understanding of the associated technologies
We understand work is a major part of our lives and we want our colleagues to enjoy their time with us. As one of Gallup’s Great Global Workplaces award winners, we know what really matters: development, flexibility, recognition, and purpose. And that’s just what we offer.
We offer different benefits to suit all life stages including flexible work options, paid parental leave and support for parents, study leave, health and wellbeing initiatives, and volunteering days. Talent also awards all employees with 10% of their basic salary as an allowance to contribute to a suite of benefits on offer. As part of the 10% there is mandatory participation into the group income protection and death in service scheme, which equates to approximately 1.5% of your allowance. However, the remaining benefits are optional; we believe you need flexibility to make the right choices for you.
- Pension contributions
- Private healthcare & dental
- Subsidised gym membership
- Confidential wellbeing support
- And more!
Talent offers a range of health and wellbeing initiatives to care for both your body and mind. From subsidised gym memberships and discounts on healthy groceries to free access to mindfulness apps and programmes, we want you to have all the tools you need to feel your best.
In a post-pandemic world, mental health support is more necessary than ever. Workplace stress, absenteeism, presenteeism and staff turnover are now costing UK businesses £42 million per year, and an increasing number of employees struggle to remain motivated and engaged. That is why Talent also provides a confidential mental health support service: if you’re ever struggling and need someone to listen, you’ll receive the professional support and advice you need to help you cope. If it helps you, it helps us.
Why work at Talent?
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance with flexible hours and remote working
- Be part of a business that puts your mental and physical wellbeing first
- Give back to the wider community through our charity foundation and our annual Talent Day
- Choose which perks and benefits matter to you, and leave the rest out
- Join other top performers on our yearly incentive trip, from Las Vegas to Monaco